CHARA Data Policy
Data from the CHARA Array is made public after an 18-month proprietary period with the following exceptions:
- Data obtained for a graduate student’s thesis work.
- Data that are part of a long-term survey.
We are building a centralized archive for all CHARA data at the Georgia State University Data Center. Currently, we do not have a public-facing database for the archive, so requests for CHARA data should be directed to:
Plans for Future Data Access
We are in the process of developing our own public-facing database for the CHARA archive as well as getting our archive data accessible using the JMMC Optical Interferometry Database. Below is our intended timeline of implementation (dates are subject to change):
- Fall 2018 – Observing Logs on JMMC OIDB.
- Spring/Fall 2019 – Reduced data accessible via the OIDB.
- Fall 2020 – Public-facing CHARA database built.