The CHARA Array offers about 50 nights per year of open access time to the astronomical community through the NOAO peer review system. As part of this new initiative, we plan to hold a number of one-day workshops at different locations over the next few years. Our goals are to expand the user base for stellar interferometry and encourage new scientific investigations that will use the CHARA Array. The workshop will provide an overview on interferometry, the science capabilities of the CHARA Array, and how to prepare and apply for observing time.
Topics that will be covered during the workshops include:
- Principles of stellar interferometry
- Overview of the CHARA Array and other interferometers
- Science review of recent results from interferometry
- Observing strategies and planning for interferometric observations
- How to apply for time at the CHARA Array
- Overview of modeling and imaging software
Upcoming Community Workshops
Please check here for future workshops that will be scheduled. To schedule a CHARA Community Workshop at your institution, please contact Gail Schaefer (schaefer at chara-array.org).